Monitor media player?

inkexit

I've got what's probably sort of a strange request.  I'm trying to devlop a page that has an embedded media player in it, and I'd like to be able to monitor if the user has listened to all the tracks completely.

the media player would already have, say, 5 tracks loaded up, and it would play through all of them.  After all the tracks have played in their entirity, a boolean value in a database would be changed.

Anybody know of a media player that could do this via php?

why don't you just code a media player in flash and set up a session with the user when he hits the page, then pass the session id to flash thru flashVars then everytime the user finishes a song send the song number and session ID to the server.. and you tally those values up in to the database, and when the user has listened to ALL the songs set the boolean value to true

Ok, well how will flash know when the song is over, and not just loaded, or stopped?  I was thinking of only having a stop and play button, no skip, no clickable timeline bar.  But I still don't understand how to get flash to actually understand that the end of the file has been reached?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.