[SOLVED] if block with an else problem.

samtwilliams

Evening All,

I want to add an else statement to my if block 'TEST FOR BLANKS IF BLOCK' within the foreach. As if there arnt any blanks i want to perform another function.

if (isset($_SESSION['token']) && $_POST['token'] == $_SESSION['token']) {	// TOKEN CHECK

foreach($_POST as $allvalues) { 					// FOREACH BLOCK
		if($allvalues == "") { 								// TEST FOR BLANKS IF BLOCK
		$warning = 'Error: One or more of the fields are blank';
				}											// TEST FOR BLANKS IF BLOCK
		}													// FOREACH BLOCK
} else {
$warning = 'Warning: You have either tried to re-submit your last form entry or this is a CSRF attack. This has been logged!';
}																			// TOKEN CHECK
} 

Hope someone can help.

Sam

I under stand the if statement but when i code it like this, it still executes the 'done' even if some of the post fields are blank.

if (isset($_SESSION['token']) && $_POST['token'] == $_SESSION['token']) {	// TOKEN CHECK

foreach($_POST as $allvalues) { 					// FOREACH BLOCK
		if($allvalues == "") { 								// TEST FOR BLANKS IF BLOCK
		$warning = 'Error: One or more of the fields are blank';
		} else {
		$warning = "done"; //SCRIPT CONTINUES
				}											// TEST FOR BLANKS IF BLOCK
		}													// FOREACH BLOCK
} else {
$warning = 'Warning: You have either tried to re-submit your last form entry or this is a CSRF attack. This has been logged!';
}																			// TOKEN CHECK
} 																// ISSET BLOCK

Do i have to break the foreach?

Yeah, either break or set some variable. The latter is generally a better idea. What you do now is go through this process for each item in the array which means it simply produces the message that corresponds to the last value. Try to follow the logic of your code.

Also, it might be a good idea not to print that last error message. Just say "Something went wrong." or something like that. It might confuse at least one attacker.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.