Redesign Needs Some Help

phpFirstJoy

Hello, I redesigned my current store but I hated it and people seem to agree!  So I created a new design but it still doesn't feel right.  Would really appreciate some critiques and suggestions.  Here it is: [redacted by request]

Edited by requinix

Nice work on the redesign. The layout, tt does have a professional feeling to it

I like how you have done menu section, however i do find the color scheme a little odd...

Not sure, but you have yellow, orange, blue, white, grey up at the top,

... then further down you have got white, bronze, dark orange, black, grey, dark red, blue. And pink...

Simplify the colors a bit perhaps...? Drop a few colors?

Then you have got the very comical animated shopping bag. I do like what you have done with FB logo.

Good luck redesign ;)

I have to agree about the colours.  Perhaps also the shapes.  There is a lot going on and it is hard to know what you are supposed to look at.

My eyes went first to the massive blue ring and I wondered why it was there.  Then I saw the header but first i saw the links and then the name.  I didn't notice until just now the bit telling me that the page was about jewellery.

I see why you are struggling because it sort of looks good but it sort of doesn't work.  I say simplify but then that's my main criticism of most modern sites.  Don't look at my site for ideas because it's not about good design!

Ok, I made some more changes - fixed the colours a bit (I redid the shopping bags!)  Other than the box below the photograph of the bracelet, I don't have any pink...  :-\ Does it look pink at the bottom?  I was trying to fade the plaster-looking background to something solid.

The photograph is where my ads and promotions will appear.  Not sure how I can change that, any ideas?  BTW, I did click your link even though you told me not to :P

Here's the updated image: [redacted by request]  What do you think?

Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.