[SOLVED] Loops without writing them?

Michdd

I guess this question is somewhat about spidering.. I'm writing something that will grab certain things from a web page, it then uses that info to request another web page and get information from that. Repeating this process. I have a function with grabs the necessary stuff so I just do something like this:

foreach($something as $part)
{
     $sub = getInfo($part);
     foreach($sub as $subsub)
     {
     }
}

And I could keep repeating those loops inside each other to go down more and more. But is there a way to do that without actually writing the loops? Say I wanted to go down 10 levels, I don't want to write 10 loops.

You would use recursive methods, so the spider would be a function, and if it finds a link it returns itself (the function) passing that link as a parameter.

EDIT:

Sample:

function sum_series ($sum, $i) {
$sum = $sum + $i;
if ($i>=10000) {
return $sum;
}else{
return sum_series($sum, ($i+1);
} 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.