To Fox or not to Fox.... a good social networking program?

redearthbluesky

Hello everybody,

first of all let me say hello and all, I am new to this site.  Here is my issue;

I have set up a new site http://www.makinggamers.net , and as a noob PHPer struggled along and done all the basic php for forms, registration, automatic emails etc etc myself, but the demands being made on me to enhance the site's member profile is such that I think it would take months if not over a year to code a decent profile page myself, given i want:

*Comprehensive member editable profile - the basics are not such a biggy to do I know, kind of have a grasp of this already, but stuff like a contacts list/address book again a lot of work.

*searchable member list by various catagories

*image gallery for the visual arts crew

*audio gallery for sound designers

*events calender

*video upload (limited atm due to server space) - for game previews and showreels

*member pm each other

*and...  try and automate the newsletter a bit

My main issue is time.  I work and want an easier option if there is one.    So far the best social network program appears to be PHPFox - given all the free ones either sound buggy and inflexible or full of their own logos and such.  I understand the cost, but for twenty quid a month I think to have a great member profile are happening in weeks would be good value.

What do you folk think?

cheers in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.