Firefox on Mac placement problem... align.

AshleyByrom

Okay well I have a bit of a problem... it's not major but it's enough to annoy a perfectionist.

On my website I have set up a table (100% wide) with three columns in, the middle column is 700px wide. (I presumed this would balance out the two side columns placing the middle column in dead center. It does(ish). I am guessing this might be a way that is frowned upon but, I am thinking of adding extra little bits of info in them outside columns later on...

In safari (my main browser) it works fine and places it exactly however, in firefox (on mac) there is a slight one pixel nudge to the right which stands out significantly. (In fact, it was the first thing I noticed!)

The background image is obviously the problem but this seems like the only route as I have found this error half way down the line and I do not want to go back and do a load of HTML code editing! Screenshots below:

Firefox: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5249/picture7mfq.png

Safari: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4269/picture6kpd.png

Is there any possible fix to this solution?

Only logged in users can see this page so I could store a users screen width in a $_SESSION variable using PHP and then adjust this on each page? Just an idea I thought of but I doubt... any help is highly appreciated!!!!!!

P.S: I have not tested in IE yet... I will in a minute...

UPDATE ////////////////////////////////

I just tested it in Firefox on Windows Vista.... there was no problem.

And as for Internet Explorer.. everything is fine..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.