Intergrating Shoutmix To Wordpress Site

YOUAREtehSCENE

See, there shoutmix instructions are scewy to me.

I mean I actually got it last night, but I can't change my name if i log out of the admin area, but when I log back into the admin area, it's not the same name as what my user name reads when I log into the wordpress site. It's strange.

This, is what people get when they log into my site, and see the chatbox

"Oops! The shoutbox cannot be opened because the required login data cannot be found.

Please click here to try again to see if the error can be solved automatically."

http://www1.shoutmix.com/?nighttimescene&mode=test&name=Sys0p&code=f7ae46affd7cdb064bf40666e8874e8a

*Note

"Sys0p" is my user name that is displayed when I make posts, but my log in user name i use is "admin"

I found this thread over @ wordpress.com

http://www.shoutmix.com/main/set_integrate.php

I copied the kids php code I guess you would call it, replaced a few links, and unique code and I get that error above ^

So, I don't know which one actually works, the kids from the link that is above ^

Or, just to follow the instruction on the shoutmix.com website??

**THIS IS FROM SHOUTMIX.COM**

Integration Setup

If you have website with existing userbase, you can easily setup your shoutbox to use data from your userbase. With integration, only members logged in at your site can view and use your shoutbox.

Getting started

This section is meant for advanced users only.

To get the integration working, you simply need to pass two parameters via GET request, appended at the end of your shoutbox URL.

Example

...m/?nighttimescene&name={name}&code={code}

The variables needed to be passed and their explanations are as follow:

{name}

Member name to be passed onto the shoutbox.

{code}

MD5 value of {name} + {unique code}, to verify that user is coming from your site.

{unique code}

The unique security code for your shoutbox is myuniqcode

An example of how the shoutbox would be called with the name tester:

Example

...httimescene&name=tester&code=44b91ed50969a9feee6182971e9e1f2e

... where 44b91ed50969a9feee6182971e9e1f2e is MD5(tester7f7ebe7421).

After setup, be sure to set your access control to Integrated mode for this to work.

Access Control

PHP Function

If you're using PHP, you can add the following function to your script for quick integration. The function will produce correct parameters to be appended at the end of your shoutbox URL.

function shoutmix($name = '') { return htmlspecialchars( '&name='.rawurlencode($name) .'&code='.md5($name.'myuniqcode')); }

Then alter your shoutbox HTML codes by adding the following codes (after your shoutbox URL):

Example

...mix.com/?nighttimescene<?=shoutmix($name);?>" width="...

Replace $name with the variable that holds the name of your member, as retrieved from the database.

Thanks

-Dave

AIM - youaretehscene

budri@msn.com

admin@youarethescene.net

http://twitter.com/youarethescene

http://www.last.fm/group/You+Are+The+Scene

If, anyone can tell me how to edit posts that would be great also!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.