javascript formula for a left margin

The Little Guy

If you take a look at this page using firefox, then chrome/safari:

http://www.dudeel.com/home.php?id=2

When you mouse over the images in the "Photo Gallery" section, you should notice that firefox enlarges the images correctly, but chrome/safari doesn't.

if((verOffset=browser.indexOf("Chrome"))!=-1 || (browser.indexOf("Safari")) != -1){
mLeft = -(width / 2)+"px";
}else{
mLeft = -(width / 2)+"px";
}
img.setAttribute("style", "position:absolute;margin-top:"+mTop+";margin-left:"+mLeft+";");

The above is basically what I use, inside the first if statement, is the code for "Chrome" and "Safari" The bottom is for everything else (haven't tested on much yet). After the if statement, it sets the style of the image, and the left margin doesn't display correctly in Chrome/Safari.

Anyways, any ideas how to make the image enlarge correctly in chrome/safari? I can't find a good formula to handle this in chrome/safari.

I can't say for sure - usually I just play with these things until I find something that works. But maybe try this for Chrome/Safari

mLeft = "-" + (width / 2) +"px";

If it works, it actually may work for other browsers as well, removing the need for the conditional.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.