dynamic content.

Michdd

You see it on many websites where content will switch. I know how to do this easily, accept if I want to load a page with a certain starting content it's pretty complicated and I have to use $_GET variables and such. But on many websites I see it's done through like pagename.php#section, is there a standard way for creating dynamic content? If so can you point me in the direction of an example?

You see it on many websites where content will switch. I know how to do this easily, accept if I want to load a page with a certain starting content it's pretty complicated and I have to use $_GET variables and such. But on many websites I see it's done through like pagename.php#section, is there a standard way for creating dynamic content? If so can you point me in the direction of an example?

I didnt understand what you meant, can you give the example site??

and pagename.php#section is the internal linking.

I don't know if you mean jquery, but with jquery you can do this:

$("#target_div").load("source_page.php #source_div#);

Which means load the contents of the div that an id of 'source_div' from the page called 'source_page.php' into the div with an id of 'target_div' on the page that this script is on.

I don't know if you mean jquery, but with jquery you can do this:

$("#target_div").load("source_page.php #source_div#);

Which means load the contents of the div that an id of 'source_div' from the page called 'source_page.php' into the div with an id of 'target_div' on the page that this script is on.

This might be what I'm looking for, but I'm not completely sure.

Here's an example:

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/gallery/

You'll notice the links to change gallery display are like #image2, #image3, etc.. But if you also directly visit http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/gallery/#image2 it loads that page with the second item.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.