First MYSQL Script - Basic Questions

Brandon_R

Hey guys im trying to learn a bit of mysql and whats better than making a simple script :)

I already have my table, colums already made in my database but just incase can u guys tell me what would be the install code for this, format is (column name - values it should contain)

id - this should autoincrement PRIMARY KEY ensuring no 2 entries are alike such as 1,2,3,4,5 etc

name - basic letters and numbers - TEXT

name_id - value should be 10 chars long consisting or numbers, dashes and letters

name_region - value should be either a 1A, 2A or 3A

Ofcourse no entey should be blank so NOT NULL for all colums would be nice and also for the name_region could you have the command to insert those values (1A, 2A and 3A) as soon as the column is created :)

Thank You

Brandon_r

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.