Final year

waynew

I have to do one large project throughout my last year, and I think that I've finally decided on what to roll with (it's a good idea to have an idea/start before I start back in September). I was thinking about making an online game. Possibly a Facebook app so that I can actually put it live and have more of a chance of people actually using it. I'm going to go for something along the lines of ERepublik.com An online society kind of thing.

I was thinking of:

Multiple countries, laws, governments, and economies; all managed and run by actual users. Types of government could be another thing - democracy, dictatorship, theocracy. Political parties; maybe.

Multiple job types, skills and qualifications. Social lives, of course (ha). Religions. Everything. I'm aiming to be ambitious with this one. I've decided that instead of energy etc, the main currency of the game will be time. For example, if a user wants to take a course, he or she will be using up a certain amount of time available for them. OR maybe make it so that one month = one year. I was also thinking about natural disasters, users dying, injuries, addictions, prison and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Does anyone have any other ideas or comments? Or tips? Or whatever? Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.