[SOLVED] Apache Crash when Running MySQL command.

richardstan

Hi.

I have installed Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2.10 and MySQL 5.1 installed on a Vista Home Premium PC.

I have uncommented php_mysql.dll in the php.ini file and set the extension_dir to an absolute path instead of a relative "./ext" because apache was throwing up errors before hand about not being able to load the module.

When i try to run a mysql command such as mysql_connect, the web page takes several seconds to load, then comes up with an internet explorer cannot show this page error. Apache then crashes. The apache error log  shows:

Parent: child process exited with status 255 -- Restarting.

There is obviously a prolem with the mysql module somewhere in php but i cant figure out what it is

Can someone please help me!

Thanks

Richard.

As long as all the php files are from the same build/version, the extension .dll's are in the extension_dir folder and the aux dll's are in the main php folder and that folder is in the Windows PATH, what you are doing will work.

What method did you use to install php, the .msi installer or the .zip package?

Ok i solved this problem with APACHE CRASHING when calling PHP MySQL functions.

Make sure "libmysql.dll" is somewhere that can be seen by Apache. Copy it out of your PHP directory and into the same directory as Apache.

Hope this helps anyone that comes across this thread.

Thanks

Richard.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.