phpmyadmin, MySQL connection error - NOT #1044 error

Hello,

I'm having a connection problem between phpmyadmin and MySQL. I am using WAMP, and after going to http://localhost/phpmyadmin, I get the following error message:

"Access denied"

Error

MySQL said: ?

Cannot connect: invalid settings.

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

The moderator over at the WAMP forum seems to be stumped by this one. It's not the more common #1044 error. Please let me know if you would like to view any onf my config settings. I have already been through a number of troubleshooting steps to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

:facewall:

Regards,

Maat

I am happy to say that it is now working. Here is what happened and the solution to the problem.

For some reason, I could not change my "hosts" file in Windows/System32/drivers/etc to just say "127.0.0.1 localhost", so that every time I tested phpmyadmin I would have to manually type 127.0.0.1 for localhost.

Because of that, I decided to try changing the config.inc.php file to:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';

Then I read somewhere that if it doesn't say 'localhost', it will not automatically select the default port as 3306 when the empty parenthesis are used, So I had to define the port:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3306';

That's it! It works now, let the fun begin :D

~Maat

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.