[SOLVED] CSS & JavaScript in Google Chrome

StefanRSA

Ok.... Almost done with my newest system... Still lots of work left...

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Downloaded google chrome to see what my system will look like in Chrome..........  :wtf:

My site in Chrome is BROKEN!

My CSS is a HASH!!! My java/mysql/php search does not work......

WHY NOT???

I dont think I am alowed to put the link on this forum, but please if anybody can help, please ask for the link or even better... Please give me advise....

My site is at www.howzit.co.za.

If you go into any category or subcategory, the page is split into "two" screens....

When you go an item page, its also split in two.

If you click on the images in the item page, is lightbox effect used... Even lightbox is split over "two" screens....

Can anybody please help me regarding this problem?

Thanks

Nope that does not help.

If I look at the validater it gives me an error as follow:

Line 3, Column 7: document type does not allow element "HEAD" here

<head>

✉

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

How can it tell me that the closing bracket (>) is not allowed here???

The closing bracket isn't the problem - read the error itself, it tells you exactly what the problem is. You aren't allowed the <head> element right there. Look at where that closing bracket is - it's the closing bracket for the head tag. What happens is that the validator doesn't know that it's looking at a head tag until it comes to the end of the tag - at the closing bracket. So when it realizes it's looking at a head tag, it looks to see if it's in the correct spot - it's not.

Why? Well, a properly formed (X)HTML document looks like this:

<doctype>

<html>

<head>

// meta tags, link tags, script tags, style tags

</head>

<body>

// content, script tags

</body>

</html>

Now look at your document. You haven't followed this format, and this is where the first of your errors is coming from.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.