random cards...

OZZY9384

Hello my name is Chris Oswald... I want to make a online poker site but i am stuck on this part which is the random card generator... I think you can do this buy using php and maybe a mysql database.

But the main question would be how would i code something like that... i mean 3 random cards show up then 1 more then 1 more but all random and never the same card is out at once...

keep in mind that the cards that are out and in players hands cant show up on the flop, turn, or river.

thanks for all your help and i hope i gave enough infomation...

think of it just like cards...when you start, you need to build a full "deck", then shuffle them so they are random, thes give them out.

Let's assume you have a way to translate the numbers 1 to 52...so 1 is the Ace of spades, 2 is the 2 of spades, 13 is the king of spades, 14 is the ace of hearts, etc.

<?php
  $players = 4;
  $deck = range(1,52);
  shuffle($deck);

//Kill the first card
  array_pop($deck);

$hands = array();
  $community = array();

//Deal
  for($a = 0;$a < 3;$a++){
    for($b = 0;$b < $players;$b++){
      $hands[b][] = array_pop($deck);
    }
  }

//Kill the another card
  array_pop($deck);

//Flop
  $community[] = array_pop($deck);

//Kill the another card
  array_pop($deck);

//Turn

//Kill the another card
  array_pop($deck);

//River
?>

again, each number corresponds to a card in the deck

Let's assume you have a way to translate the numbers 1 to 52...so 1 is the Ace of spades, 2 is the 2 of spades, 13 is the king of spades, 14 is the ace of hearts, etc.

So, just save your cards as 1.jpg 2.jpg etc

@OZZY9384

Based on the questions you are asking, I think you are getting in way over your head. You need to start simple before developing an application of this caliber. Once you gain the experience and get a handle on it, we can help with specific questions, but I'm not about to go back and forth writing out each step of this from start to finish.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.