[SOLVED] Possible to make button open up another page in a window?

Jason28

Could anyone please give me a code that allows a submit type button to open up a window for another page?  I tried to use this:

<input value="Play All" type="button" href="test.php?genre='.$genre_select.'" onClick="openWin(this.href, \'280\', \'500\', \'yes\')\';" target="_blank" />

However it does nothing.  This next code opened up a broken window but opened up the working link in another full window:

<input value="Play All" type="button" href="player/test.php?genre='.$genre_select.'" onClick="openWin(this.href, \'280\', \'500\', \'yes\')\';" target="_blank" />

I wonder if I can somehow combine the two so that it just opens up the window?  BTW I am aware of the escaped \ before the apostrophes, they have to be there since I am outputting this code using php that has single quotes in the string.  Thanks.

yes, but I can combine the two and only allow one window to open?  I am not good with javascript.  Thanks!

so you want the submit button to submit the form, and then open up a new window?

if so could you not put the new winfow into the onload of whatever page the form submits to?

eg

<body onload="window.open (this.href,'mywindow','location=1,status=1,scrollbars=1,width=280,height=500');">

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.