Just need to add variable to URL-can't find clear answer

blesseld

Hey All,

I believe what i am trying to do is very simple, but no where actually explains the first part.

All i would like to do is add a variable to my URL.

I have a file that sets all the page id's for all the pages on my site. and gets included on all pages.

how can i get it to show up at the end of my URL?

here is a chunk of my file that sets the variables

<?php
switch ($sheet_name) {
case 'homepage':
{
	$page_id = "1";
	$current_link = "home";
	$dir_listing = "false";
	$title ="title";
	$meta_desc = "description";
	$meta_key = "keywords";
	break; 
}
?>

I am tryng to get http://www.domain.com?page_id=1

thanks

Yes, that works,  thankyou,

However, is there a way i can toss it in the URL without having to add the echo to all of my links?  Like some kinda script I can place in my variables file to auto toss it in the url?  this is more what im after,  shoulda been more clear.

Don't believe there is a way to set a get variable without explicitly setting them in  the links themselves. Especially if each one is going to be different depending on which link you set. The only way I see making creating the links easier is if you store your get values in an array, and create the links by iterating through the array.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.