Question about phpbb

robert_gsfame

hi, i have my phpbb installed and still new with it so there is a lot of questions come into my head and i think you can solve this.

this is what i want to ask, i actually have my site already and i want to add forum to make it more fun..but what i know is phpbb has its own registration page, and therefore users have to registered although they have done with it once...how you solve this???

Please give me some link where i can learn more about integrating my php page and phpbb

My PHPbb table contained a lot of information, and was organized differently (had an encryption on the password, and some other stuff) that, if the forum didnt have access to, would break the forums, So i don't suggest changing which tables PHPbb accesses when logging a user in.

You could have your login form for your site also call the login script for the forum so that it logs into both pages at the same time (or have it create the cookie or session for the forum when you login).

to synchronize the tables you could either alter your table so it works with both the forum and your site, or have your site's register script add the data to both tables.

beyond that, i don't have much experience with PHPbb so I can't really give more advice

hope that helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.