[SOLVED] I Can't Find the Error, CAN YOU?!

Cetanu

<?php
elseif($_POST['equip']){
$result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rpg WHERE player='{$_SESSION['username']}'") or die(mysql_error()); 
while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){ 

if($_POST['PWeapon']=="Ranged"){
$anum=5; 
$attack = $row['attack']+$anum;  
$defense = $row['defense']+$anum;
$honor = $row['honor']-$anum; 
mysql_query("UPDATE rpg SET attack='{$attack}' , defense='{$defense}' , honor='{$honor}' WHERE player='{$_SESSION['username']}'");

}
}
}
?>

In that block of code I have made an error, and after tediously searching I dunno what it is. I think it has something to do with the UPDATE statement. I dunno, though.

What is the error you get? And is this the entire code?

I don't get an error, I get the white screen of doom that happens when I mess up a variable or something.

That isn't the whole code, just the block causing the error. The whole code is:

<?php 
include "db.php"; 
$result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rpg WHERE player='{$_SESSION['username']}'") or die(mysql_error()); 
echo $_SESSION['username'].", you have reached nearly the final stage of character creation! Here we must equip your character with weapons or armor so they are ready to brawl!!!"; 
echo "<form action='equip.php' method='post'><fieldset><legend>Choose Equipment for ".$row['name']."!</legend>";
if(!$_POST['equip']){

if($row['species']=="Alien"){

echo "Aliens must choose a primary and secondary weapon considering they do not have technology available to them...<br/>";

echo "<input type='checkbox' name='AWeapon[]' value='Tail'/> The <strong>alien tail</strong> is a formidable weapon for anything a xenomorph is fighting. The tail 
gives the alien range, and it is razor sharp. <br/> 
<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack</div> <br/> 

<input type='checkbox' name='AWeapon[]' value='Inner Jaws'/> The <strong>inner jaws</strong> of an alien are the trademark of the creature. They are a tongue-like protrusion 
that extends out of the mouth and can pierce metal.<br/> 
<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | -5 Defense | -5 Sneak </div><br/> 

<input type='checkbox' name='AWeapon[]' value='Claws'/> The <strong>claws</strong> of an alien can tear through metal, flesh, and bone. They are useful, but not always effective 
when sneaking about.<br/> 
<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | -5 Defense | -10 Sneak</div><br/>";
}
}
if($row['species']=="Predator"){ 
echo "Predators have a bunch of weapons available, but novice hunters cannot use all of these. Instead, you must choose weapon sets for your character.<br/>"; 
echo "<input type='radio' name='PWeapon' value='Ranged'/> The <strong>Ranged Weapon Set</strong> includes the netgun, speargun, and smart disc. It is 
good for those not willing to get their hands dirty, and that like to have the upper hand.<br/> 

<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | +5 Defense | -5 Honor</div><br/> 

<input type='radio' name='PWeapon' value='Melee'/> The <strong>Melee Weapon Set</strong> includes the wristblades, the spear, and the whip. It is 
for those who seek to be the best-of-the-best in close-combat, and for those who wish to maintain honor.<br/> 

<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | -5 Defense | +5 Honor</div><br/>"; 
} 
if($row['species']=="Marines"){ 
echo "The Marines are skilled with many weapons. They mostly use human weapons, which are weaker than Predator and Alien weaponry, yet they still get the 
job done! Please select a primary and a secondary weapon.<br/>";
echo "<input type='checkbox' name='MWeapons[]' value='Rifle'/> The <strong>M41 Pulse Rifle</strong> is standard for Marines. It is a ranged weapon, and can be 
upgraded with a grenade launcher.<br/> 
<input type='checkbox' name='MWeapons[]' value='Launcher'/> Outfit with Grenade Launcher for 100 pieces of money?<br/> 

<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | +5 Defense | -5 Melee</div> WITH GRENADE LAUNCHER:  
<div style='color: red;'>+10 Attack | +5 Defense | -10 Melee</div> <br/> 

<input type='checkbox' name='MWeapons[]' value='Flamethrower'/> The <strong>Flamethrower</strong> is good for mid-ranged targets, and can also provide 
extra defense until the flames die down.<br/>  
<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | +5 Defense | +5 Melee</div><br/> 

<input type='checkbox' name='MWeapons[]' value='Pistol'/> <strong>Standard Issue Pistols</strong> are not good for far targets, but they will pierce Alien
chitin. <br/> 
<div style='color: red;'>+5 Attack | -5 Defense | +5 Melee</div><br/>"; 
} 
echo "<input type='submit' value='Equip Character' name='equip'/>";
}

elseif($_POST['equip']){

if($_POST['PWeapon']=="Ranged"){
$anum=5; 
$attack = $row['attack']+$anum;  
$defense = $row['defense']+$anum;
$honor = $row['honor']-$anum; 
mysql_query("UPDATE rpg SET attack='{$attack}' , defense='{$defense}' , honor='{$honor}' WHERE player='{$_SESSION['username']}'");

}
}
}
?>

I never saw that bracket stuff in a query, or some of the other things you have in there before, that might be the problem. I have never used a '+', mostly '.', adding to a string. The minus sign looks wrong too. I am not sure though.

Though maybe I am wrong about that stuff. I don't see anything else suspicious looking.

Using arrays in string ain't a good idea altough it is possible. Try using:

$query = 'SELECT * FROM rpg WHERE player = \'%s\'';
$fquery = sprintf($query, $_SERVER['username']);
$result = mysql_query($fquery, $db);

What will that do? ^

i noticed this first of, but now you have posted the full script, its because your using elseif... change that to if ($_POST['equip']){

and bobs your uncle as they say

You mean if (!empty($_POST['equip'])) as if ($_POST['equip']) will throw an error like: 'equip' undefined index on line ..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.