Few questions

oophyreoo

Hello. I am currently in a personal project and I hit a brick wall. I would consider myself a newbie to html and php, I know the basics pretty well. I seek help now.

I have constructed 3 pages for my personal site. My 4th page, however, needs a little more advanced work than I am capable of. I am aware of how forums work, search for similar questions and posts and go from there. I did, to no prevail. If my search through this forum was inadequate, please direct me further.

Now to my complications.

My 4th page must contain an area dedicated to images. The images need to be set in place when a visitor makes a purchase (preferably through paypal due to it's stable and detailed structure.)

I can build the header, footer and side indents seamlessly.

The dedicated area where the images will show up is baffling.

So, as a breakdown, how do I:

Create a space where the images will be applied upon purchase?

Create a section where visitor can enter text in a box which will then be applied to the image before placed in dedicated area?

Have images aligned in horizontal rows, then new row created once the end of the dedicated space is reached; this step repeated until designated space is full, then new page rendered to start all over while still being able to go from previous pages to current?

Incorporate paypal on page and have it set to apply image with text entered to dedicated area upon completion of paymet. Also have server send verification email once payment made?

Can this be done in html? Is it a lot of work? Can php be tied into an html page?

Sorry for being so needy, this page is extremely important to me and I really need expert advice. Thanks a lot.

-James

Create a space where the images will be applied upon purchase?

Create a section where visitor can enter text in a box which will then be applied to the image before placed in dedicated area?

Create an input (<input type="text" />) . The user enters the text into there. You then use a php image library (GD and Imagemagick are the two most common) to overlay the text onto the image.

Have images aligned in horizontal rows, then new row created once the end of the dedicated space is reached; this step repeated until designated space is full, then new page rendered to start all over while still being able to go from previous pages to current?

This is a combination of php and CSS. Using CSS, you can float the images to the left, and they will automatically move to the next line when they run out of space (kind of like when you are typing text into a textbox). To create new pages, you use PHP to do 'pagination'. You will select the number of images that constitutes a single page, then you divide the total number of images by the number of images per page, and you get the number of pages. You create a little page index on the bottom, and then you show the images that belong on whatever page you are looking at.

Incorporate paypal on page and have it set to apply image with text entered to dedicated area upon completion of paymet. Also have server send verification email once payment made?

All this can be answered on the paypal site (which is really a nightmare), and is way more than can be explained in any single thread.

Helping takes longer than actually doing it myself unfortunately. And it wouldn't be cheap either way.

Basically, start by learning some basic HTML and CSS tutorials. There are many free ones out there on the net. W3C Schools and HTML Dog have some good tutorials, try those. Then you can learn the layout. After that, spend some time playing with the paypal website to learn how to incorporate paypal into your site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.