Need Advanced Cake PHP Coders to review this code

ep2002

Hi there,

I'm in the market to hire a PHP programmer & I'm still torn on which way to go...

1. PHP (it's still only 5 right, 6 is still too new)

2. Drupal

3. Now someone has come to me saying he knows Cake

How does the owner of a company decide?

I have this programmer's code I want critiqued for the usual:

1. Security

2. Organized

3. Anyone can take over the code if I were to hire someone new

4. Whatever else one would look for when deciding if it's top notch code.

I don't want to post it here as it's not nice to do that, so if you can PM me, I will either PM or e-mail you the RAR file.

Thanks

Michelle

If someone knows Cake and you are looking for Drupal developers then it's pretty obvious that he ain't the guy you are looking for. Altough it's nice to have a cook around =)

Whatever else one would look for when deciding if it's top notch code.

To tell if something is wether or not top-notch code is difficult altough their are some indicators wether or not the programmer knew what he was doing. To make sure the programmer knew what he was doing go over the code he wrote and discuss it, preferably by someone who has proven experience in programming applications. Afterwards the interrogating programmer will get a general idea of the assumptions the programmer did or did not make, he'll also get an in-depth view in the thinking logic of the programmer and can associate that with the thinking logic and best practices generally applied in the company.

Afterwards you select the programmers whose thinking logic and best practices used best applies to those used in the company.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.