PHP image uploade with preview on form + no refresh and save attributes to MySQL

mdemetri2

Ok, I have been struggling with trying to find out how to be able to place on a form a way of uploading an image which will save to server, and place the image attributes in a databse i.e. name, size and url path but also allow for a preview on the form before it is submitted....

Does this make sense? Hope someone can through some light on this...its driving me mad.

If you want 'no refresh' (altough it is also possible using a refresh) you'll need Ajax (JavaScript) and a script that will upload the image and return the full url to the stored image. Afterwards (after submitting the form definitly) you'll use the full url and store it along with the required attributes into the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.