What does the element.style indicate and where is the corresponding page?

Modernvox

What does the element.style indicate and where is the corresponding page?

I am using the Firebug ext. which is helping me bigtime, but can't find the appropriate pages when this occurs

element.style {  <Don't know where the element.style file is so i can change this color?

color:#FFFFFF;

}

a:active {

color:#BA1D1D; <Thiscolor is lined out)

}

I'm not sure I get your question, but....

If you have:

p.hello{ 
color: #000; 
} 

That is a CLASS of <p>. It would look like <p class="hello"> </p>

The corresponding page (if I am thinking what you are) would be any page where the CSS style sheet is linked. So if I link style.css to two pages, both of those pages could use the <p class="hello"></p>

a:active{ 
color: #fff; 
}

Would only modify the color of active links. I believe it's called a pseudo class (like p:first letter)

I hope that helps.

Right, i understand that much, but because this doesn't show a row number in firebug (ex. style.css row 62) i can't find the appropriate file to make a color change. It just says element.style?

Thanks again 4 your time and patience...I am still learning these things.

It's in the file for the page you are looking at. In order to see the element.style, you need to select an element right? The element you select is on a page. That is the page where the element is. Open that page, and look for that element, and you will find the style tag inside the element.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.