Image script works on one server, fails on other

roel018

Hi all,

I have written a script that get's a CGI video stream from my webcam's build-in server (streaming MJPEG content). The script just reads the incoming streaming data and outputs it into an HTML IMG tag. This works great on one server (my developer's server).

However, on my online, shared hosting server (where it is supposed to run), it doesn't work - probably due to the fact that the failing server is buffering the incoming data (since phpinfo() tells me output_buffering is set to 4096 - and on the server where it does work on it is set to 0, well, actually it just says 'No value') ..  In fact, it does spit put something (a whole lot of images in a fraction of a second) after it has downloaded the 4 mb of data, but then it starts buffering again.. So what do I do? Do I just mail my shared hosting provider and to set the output_buffering (local or master values? - I don't know the difference) to 0/NoValue ?? Or are there any other things I'm missing here to get this to work?

One important other difference between the servers is that the server where it works on runs php version 5 and mine runs version 4.4.8 - Could this pose a problem as well??? (I can activate PHP 5 by request).

phpiknfo() results from WORKING server: http://www.emotiontracker.com/test1-results-derek.htm

phpiknfo() results from FAILING server: http://www.emotiontracker.com/test1-results-roel.htm

Hope to get some insights into how to approach this problem

P.s. it concerns a Windows Server so setting .htaccess is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Roel.

Well, i could if I used an Apache server, but I'm using Windows Server 2003

Here's the code:

<?php
  header('Content-type: multipart/x-mixed-replace;boundary=endofsection');
  print "\n--endofsection\n";

$pmt = array("-", "\\", "|", "/" );
  for( $i = 0; $i <10; $i ++ ){
      sleep(1);
      print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
      print "Part $i\t".$pmt[$i % 4];
      print "--endofsection\n";
      ob_flush();
      flush();
  }
  print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
  print "The end\n";
  print "--endofsection--\n";
?> 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.