Meta tags showing multiple times on pages

ineedhelp73

Definitely a NooB to php programming. This has to do with a client's site where the meta tags are called for specific pages but he has it setup where meta tags are being shown 5 times within the source code. When asked about the issue this is what he sent:

"I know about the meta tag problem but I'm not sure how to fix it... I use php with some 'include' commands. Simply, one page pulls another page into itself.... my index.html looks something like this:

<head>

some stuff including meta info

</head>

<body>

?php(include'pageheader.html');

?php(incldue'pagebody.html');

?php(include'someothercrap.html');

</body>

those include files all have their own meta info.... so when php pulls the files in, it includes meta info in the body of the index.html page. I have been looking around to see how people handle this but haven't spent enough time on it.... I need to do a rewrite anyway so I'll probably stop using them then if I can't figure out a work around."

If anyone can throw some advice our way it would be super appreciated. I have been looking for a cool place to pick on my php. Much appreciated if able. If I posted this in the wrong section I apologize.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Remove all the meta info from the other pages that are included and put the meta info into a separate "include" page.  Then simply put that include into the header info on each page.  Simple workaround and will not necessitate a full scale recoding.

Current:

<head>
some stuff including meta info
</head>

<body>
</body>

Meta.php page:

<?php
$meta = '<title>MyPage.com</title>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html charset=UTF-8">';
?>

New html page:

<?php require('includes/meta.php'); ?>

<head>
<?php echo $meta; ?>
</head>

<body>
</body>

Do that for each page that needs fixing.  Again just quick and dirty, not necessarily the right way to fix it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.