is it possible to append the results from 2 seperate sql statements to url?

debuitls

Hi all,

I'm dragging info from a db, printing it to the screen and then when a user click on a particular row it takes them to a page with certain row information appended to the url for use on the next page!

$result = mysql_query("SELECT bid.addons, signuphotel.hotelname,signuphotel.email,signuphotel.telephone, signuphotel.county
FROM bid
LEFT JOIN signuphotel ON bid.username = signuphotel.username
WHERE bid.proposalid ='$propid'");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo "<tr onclick=\"window.location='bookview.php?hn=" . $row['hotelname'] . "&em=" . $row['email'] . "&te=" . $row['telephone'] . "'\">";
			  echo "<td>" . $row['hotelname'] . "</td>";
			  echo "<td>" . $row['starrating'] . "</td>";
			  echo "<td>" . $row['county'] . "</td>";
			  echo "<td>" . $row['addons'] . "</td>";

This works fine.

However I was just wondering if I had a separate sql query on the page like

Select *
From authuser
Where Uname = '$username'

...if there is anyway I could also append this information to the specific row URL?

I'm thinkin there isn't and ill need to find another way of getting the information from authuser to the next page but maybe someone here can tell me for sure.

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Thanks very much!

Thanks for getting back to me Ignace!

I'm sorry, you are probably answering my question but I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

Ok so currently, I have this line..

echo "<tr onclick=\"window.location='bookview.php?hn=" . $row['hotelname'] . "&em=" . $row['email'] . "&te=" . $row['telephone'] . "'\">";

The information that is being appended to this url is coming from this sql statement

$result = mysql_query("SELECT bid.addons, signuphotel.hotelname,signuphotel.email,signuphotel.telephone, signuphotel.county
FROM bid
LEFT JOIN signuphotel ON bid.username = signuphotel.username
WHERE bid.proposalid ='$propid'");

Now, I want to add the results of a second seperate sql statement to the URL.

The second statement is something like..

Select firstname
From authuser
Where Uname = '$username'

So basically id like to add the result of this ie $row['firstname'] to the above url.

I'm just wondering if this is possible?

SELECT authuser.firstname, bid.addons, signuphotel.hotelname,signuphotel.email,signuphotel.telephone, signuphotel.county

FROM bid

JOIN signuphotel ON bid.username = signuphotel.username

JOIN authuser ON bid.username = authuser.username

WHERE bid.proposalid ='$propid'

I removed the LEFT I really doubt you want that functionality. If you would remove an entry from signuphotel for which their is an entry in bid you would still get the bid but you would have no hotel for it to display with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.