[SOLVED] visualize Countdown

DEVILofDARKNESS

Okay so I'm building a game, (it's almost finished), but a friend of me said it would be better that if you bought a building or Weapon (on the game) that instead of having the item direct a counter should appear. this one should countdown from a certain time in minutes or houres till zero and you should be possible to see it count down,

if you quit the browser the counter actually should go on, so that if you come back it could be build

Only one problem: I really have NO idea how I should do this. :s

One approach would be to store the time of the purchase, and calculate the time it will be "ready" and store that... then, when they were to go to use it, you would check that ready time first to see if it is available for use.

You could use javascript to build a countdown timer... and feed it the value of the ready time to countdown to... then if they closed and left, it would just get the ready time from the database and continue counting down upon their return.

Hope that helps :)

Okay I found this javascript

<script language="JavaScript">
TargetDate = "12/31/2020 5:00 AM";
BackColor = "palegreen";
ForeColor = "navy";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
LeadingZero = true;
DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Days, %%H%% Hours, %%M%% Minutes, %%S%% Seconds.";
FinishMessage = "It is finally here!";
</script>

but how can I pass hte value of php to javascript

TargetDate = <?php echo $targetdate; ?>

???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.