Moving PHP app from Linux to Win. Vista

Hi,

i am taking over a php application which was previously developed in Linux environment.

Right now, my task is to bring the PHP app running in Linux environment to a Windows IIS Server 7.

I've configured my PHP installation in Windows IIS 7 under the OS Win.Vista.

When i try to create a simple Hello World app.. i can run my app under Localhost in web browser..

the problem happens when i copy paste the "already developed" php application from Linux

to Windows IIS, i cant seem to run my app.. yet, my HelloWorld app is working perfectly,

does anyone know what could be the problem?

RTC.

It's likely that the application is not using current recommend php.ini settings. However, without any specific information from you what so ever about what you saw in front of you that leads you to believe "i cant seem to run my app..", no one can offer any specific suggestions. You need to provide symptoms and the relevant code causing those symptoms for anyone else to be able to help troubleshoot what is going on.

Also, are you developing and debugging this php code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your php.ini so that php would help you by displaying all the errors it detects? Stop and start your web server to get any change made to php.ini to take effect and use a phpinfo() statement to confirm that the settings were actually changed in case the php.ini that you are changing is not the one that php is using.

Hi,

i had installed PHP and IIS7 on my Vista machine.

Then i tried to create a simple Hello World and phpinfo(); php page and tried executing it.

I was able to see my HelloWorld Page and phpinfo() via my web browser.

Therefore, i decided to put my previously running php for testing and i get the following

problem when i tried to execute it via web browser:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occured.

Do you all know what could be the reason? I had previously use another machine (running on Linux)

to develop this php app and its working fine in the development machine, but when i try

to bring it over to another machine, it will give the HTTP 500.0 Error.

Can help me on this ?

If you just do the following, all php errors on the page that is producing the HTTP 500 response code will be reviled -

Also, are you developing and debugging this php code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your php.ini so that php would help you by displaying all the errors it detects? Stop and start your web server to get any change made to php.ini to take effect and use a phpinfo() statement to confirm that the settings were actually changed in case the php.ini that you are changing is not the one that php is using.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.