Crazy INSERT issues

Kingy

I am trying to run an insert function to insert data into a shopping cart. The issue i'm having is, when the data goes to be inserted, it won't insert if i'm using more than one variable.

For instance, the orderNo is the session_id and the itemNo is the id of the product. BUT if I try and go

insert into ... (orderNo, itemNo) VALUES ('" . session_id() . "', '" . $productID . "')

that won't work.. where as

insert into ... (orderNo, itemNo) VALUES ('dsafksdajff34kf', '" . $productID . "')

will work. It will also work if i put session_id() and then enter in a manual ID number (Eg: 3), but not if I use both variables.

Here is my code:

<?php

$db = sqlite_open('includes/product.db');
function productInsert ($db, $id)
{
	$sid = session_id();
	$insert = "INSERT INTO shopping_cart (itemNo, orderNo) VALUES ('" . $id . "', '" . $sid . "')";
	$result = sqlite_query($data, $insert);		
}
?>

Which space  :confused:

I only remove your "., which seems to be incorrect

in mysql they always recognize the value inside '

so the correct one is ('yourvalue')

so if you put the code like this

('" . $id . "', '" . $sid . "')  <===then it will look like ('".yourvalue."')

hope could help  ;D

lol well if you look closely at your code you put a space between ' and $sid. The space is the reason why it now works. I did try your way before doing it my way with no luck. It turns out the space for some reason makes it work. I have no idea why. I'm not complaining though.

you got told how to do it properly owe well...

Apart from that i was trying to find a way to validate the current session_id() but i think the only way is to make sure isset that it?

wonder if that correct anybody?

programmers way lol, me the daddy of php i wish so wish.

<?php

$db = sqlite_open('includes/product.db');
function productInsert ($db, $id)
   {
      $sid = session_id();
      $insert = "INSERT INTO shopping_cart (itemNo, orderNo) VALUES ('".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['id'])."' , '".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['sid'])."')";
      $result = sqlite_query($data, $insert);      
   }
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.