Emailing to all email addresses in MySQL but through Outlook/Windows Mail

petwouters

Hi guys

I'm not very knowledgeable about PHP/MySQL and I was hoping you could help me out here.

I have a database in which each member of the website it belongs to has registered with an email address.

I have designed a page which lists each member's name, username and email address. The page is configured so that if you click on the email address, it will open a new email in Outlook (in other words, it has been configured with the <mailto> tag.

What I would now like to do is add a simple button to that same page, which allows me to email every single member in the database. In other words, if you click it, I want a new email to open in Outlook, listing all the email addresses in the db, completely separated with commas and all.

Is this possible at all? And if so, how do you write that in code?

Thanks

Peter

What you want to do is highly improbable, through outlook at least. You'd be better off creating another page like the one that lists the users info that specifically pulls there email address only, and in small groups to keep it simple and off the spam radar through other ISP/Email Providers (or even yours based on outbound).

With this page you make create a simple form for the message you want to send. and then with your small groups of people to mail, mail out in bursts the message you want to mail out.

it is not improbable its actually quite possible I was just looking up how to do it (mostly methods and application name) I have run into a pretty funny road block though, because msdn only shows vb examples and apparently vb has a constant for certain things concerning outlook and I don't know the constant's values.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.