Ajax - Load New Pictures on click of link.

DevXen

Hello, I have'nt done anything in Ajax yet, but I was told that what i would like to do, Ajax would be the way to go about it... i've been looking online. and can't even find where to start... but here's what i'm trying to do.. so if anyone out there has any ideas, or tips, or anything that can get me in the right direction that would be great..

I have a table with 4 cells and a picture in each cell.. *they are flyers for upcoming shows at my friends bar* // I want to click on a next link, to have ajax load the next 4 upcoming show flyers, in the same table cells. then also have one for 'previous' to load the previous show flyers.. i've looked into preloading all the images, and that will make the page load to quick. esp. when more and more flyers get added to it as time passes.. so just have it load the 4 new pictures, at the request (clicking on the next or previous link). should be just fine...

Hi

While you could do this with Ajax, unless the events are being created all the time (ie, several popping up while looking at the page) I would just use javascript. Generate the page with an array of images, and once the page is loaded display that pages ones from the array.

All the best

Keith

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.