E-commerce

gazza52

Hi,

I am looking to do an e-commerce which has a catalogue of items.

When the stock runs out the item is shown as out of stock but I would like the option for the user to be able to back order this and then added to a table as backorders and an e-mail sent to notify this need ordering.

Thats a good idea thanks.

If I reserved the item so I would have a reserved table in the database with the following.

Username, Name e-mail, item code, item name. They cannot however set a qty just request an e-mail when stock back in. 

What I would like to do then is say when stock is back in the reserved table is checked and items which are back in an e-mail sent to customer to say back in stock and reserver deleted.

Thanks

Gary 

I got loads of idea in general.

Of topic.

advertising example ...

Every time your members get contacted via a news flash from you, add a local advert from your area, with various small business around you.

charge those small business a fee <<< does work promise(might pay for a proper host or host got currently.

e-commerce is a grate way to get valid information for survey business that need information on all things in general from people, you could keep a statistic on what people buying and viewing ect ect ect sell that info to other web sites.

If you create your php script correctly and keep it secure your be future loaded...

possibility are endless, when you generate a income don't forget other advertising avenues not just the internet.

good luck.

(( can advertise a business in your own area very fast , in the morning go to your local train station and hand out small business paper slips (( there look at work we all get board..((watch the web site grow fast.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.