php libs/ browsercap.in

Dorky

ok i have a host that refuses to stay current. they control my php settings and libs. is there a way to put the browsercap.ini in my root directory and point to it so that i may use the get_browser function? the workaround for this function is way to to long and not very time efficient for building new sites.

thx in advance.

ok, sorry but i have to ask you to dumb it down just a bit. still only about a year of self taught php skills. is that what i put in the php.ini and do i name it "php.ini" and can i create just one php.ini in the root or do i need to do it for each directory/site?

thx again.

usually with shared hosts you can do a custom php.ini in your root folder.  Then use that to specify the location of the browscap.ini file./

like so

[browscap]
browscap = /full/path/to/browscap.ini 

i saved it for other uses. i found a way to filter browsers with a more efficient script. thx for the help  :)

just create a text file called php.ini with the above as it's only contents and place that in your root directory.  That should overwrite that one setting from the hosts php.ini for php scripts called from all folders above it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.