using the glob function with a $ function

carlosx2

I had this all figured out and it worked too. I am using the get function to get a variable from the url, that will be used by glob function to scan a folder on the server and return an array that i will use for people to download movies. but because the variable i got from the url has several characters that are not corresponding with the folder on the server i came up with a simple way to filter them out and be left with a first and last name that would math with the first and last name and a space just like the folder name on my server. 

So i thought i had this all figured out on my own but then i saw that function that is holding the first and last name and space just i need it to be, isn't working when i put it in the glob function.

So my question is how do you add functions to a glob path.

Here is the code

$model = $_GET['id'];
$movie = glob("components/content/videos/downloads/$path/*.jpg");
$filename = (explode (":",$model));
$filename2 = (explode ("-",$filename[1]));
$space = " ";
$path = $filename2[0]. $space . $filename2[1];

this only part of the code. but it all happens in the part.

Who can tell me how to approach this?

$model = $_GET['id'];
$movie = glob(functionToUse()."components/content/videos/downloads/$path/*.jpg");
$filename = explode(":",$model);
$filename2 = explode("-",$filename[1]);
$space = " ";
$path = $filename2[0]. $space . $filename2[1];

. is the concatenation operator you can use it in conjunction with functions aswell as variables.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.