Drop down navigation php and IE issues

smrdt

I'm building a website. http://198.65.232.197/index.php I set it up so that the header and body are separate and each body page has a php include to bring in the header.

I ran into problems when I added a drop down navigation to my site. While the navigation works in Chrome and Firefox it seems to hide behind the body when I look at it in IE. I found that this might be a z-index issue so I tested that and still couldn't make the drop downs work in IE.

I somehow managed to make the body of the site visibly go behind the top part of the navigation and when that happened I decided my issue was probably not z-indexes and probably something related with how I was including the header/navigation on each page that IE wasn't liking. I do know that the drop down works in IE http://198.65.232.197/header2.php just not when paired with the body of the page.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know any php what I have I've just copied offline and my css skills are SERIOUSLY lacking. I'm terribly sorry if my code is a complete wreck...I've just been breaking things trying to make them work and it got messy. It might be best if I just started over? If that's the case does anyone have some tips on how to build this so that it works properly in IE.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.