[SOLVED] move_uploaded_file

mechedd

Hi again,

Last post for tonight! I promise!

Ok, so I now have the $_FILES array working fine... I can call on the file name and type and tmp_name.

Now  I am trying to move the file to a directory on the server (I am hosted by GoDaddy), but I cannot figure out how to write the directory so that it works. 

GoDaddy gives me an "Absolute Hosting Path", which is something along the lines of D:\Hosting\123456\....  The temporary directory (which I find by calling the $_FILES array) is something similar, but more like D:\Temp\....

So I have a folder called Upload and I want to move the temp file to this folder.  I tried doing:

move_uploaded_file($_FILES["File1"]["tmp_name"],
"D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\" . "\" . $_FILES["File1"]["name"]);

But it doesnt like the \ and I get an error.

Plus, the directories on my website use forward slashes.... what do i have to do?  Do I have all of the information I need?  Do I use the Absolute Hosting Path?

You need to remove that additional \. Say you uploaded a file named "hello.jpg", the string created would be:

D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\\hello.jpg

You want:

D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\hello.jpg

so:

move_uploaded_file($_FILES["File1"]["tmp_name"],
"D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\{$_FILES["File1"]["name"]}");

I just tried that and I get this:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(D:\HostingE3020\html\uploaddbf09front.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\123456\html\phptest.php on line 24

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\Temp\php\phpE0E5.tmp' to 'D:\HostingE3020\html\uploaddbf09front.JPG' in D:\Hosting\123456\html\phptest.php on line 24

I can see two errors here.  The first is that the file and directory do not have a \ between them when I leave it out. (uploaddbf09front.JPG)

Second, the Absolute Hosting Path was switched somehow... It is supposed to be D:\Hosting\123456\html\..... and ad you can see it got switched to D:\HostingE3020\html\....

I dont know what is going on I have the path right in my script.

Any Ideas?

-mechedd

When I try that I get:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\dbf09side.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\123456\html\phptest.php on line 24

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\Temp\php\php4194.tmp' to 'D:\Hosting\123456\html\upload\dbf09side.JPG' in D:\Hosting\123456\html\phptest.php on line 24

Permission is denied...  The good thing is the file path now appears how it should.  Is this something I have to call GoDaddy about or is there some way to grant permission?

-mechedd

I got it to work.  With GoDaddy you have to create a directory in the IIS Manager and wait half a day for them to set it up for you if you want to be able to give the directory web writable permissions. 

Thanks for all of your help!

-mechedd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.