[SOLVED] Need help with simple members chat!

DiscoTrio

Im stuck on this.  Im new to php.  Im trying to create a simple php chat script that uses a table in mysql database to go on a webpage.  It needs to be sturdy and use the same log in system I have in place.

I have a session.php script that detects weather your signed in and I need help using that to allow you to use the chat.

I will also need it to reject you if your not signed in.

User table:

username    varchar(30)  latin1_swedish_ci    No

password    varchar(32) latin1_swedish_ci Yes

userid         varchar(32) latin1_swedish_ci Yes

userlevel    tinyint(1) UNSIGNED                      No

email          varchar(50) latin1_swedish_ci Yes

timestamp    int(11) UNSIGNED                    No

session.php:

http://www.robloxianjournal.com/testfiles/sessionshow.txt

(A test file showing the code on session.php file.)

Dont hesitate to ask questions.  View site at www.robloxianjournal.com

i guess you didn't like my suggestion in your first post.

well then a few questions

Do you have anything at all besides that login code. can you provide an example of how that session class is implemented? Do you have any idea where to start? And did you write that class yourself?

Sorry, I thought forum was gone when my mouse jumped when I clicked.  Hmmm, anyways that suggestion was a bit....large.  Im looking just a few files and a single table on a database.  It might be asking too much but I kind of need to start with codes I understand and be involved in making them.  I did not code the session myself but I understand how it works and the guy that coded it is working with me.  Entire file is pasted in text so you guys can see.

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Simple-Chatbox-in-PHP-MySQL/23971  i just posted this in the other post.. im so confused. Im going to assume this is the post you will stay with.

I suggest that you start with that, and try to get something simple working. then post here when you have problems with your code. You can get the most help here by actually posting some code you have a problem with, rather than asking for some code without even starting the project

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.