Please help with IE7 problems

godster

Hi there.

I'm in desperate need with some help getting my website off the ground. This is something i've been developing between project, so i'm afraid the code could be a little dirty.

I have put this live at: http://www.godster.co.uk/index.html and whilst it redners fine in IE8 and Firefox, i'm getting a number of problems when displaying using IE7.

The two main issues i'm having are:

1. On the homepage, the centre box is shifting down the screen. I have tried all cominations of floats, but cannot seem to figure out why its doing this and why only in IE7?

2. On both the homepage and projects page, I have some containers (with blue borders) that feature image links. When displayed through IE7 these images have dissapeared and you are just left with the black container. IE8 and firefox show the image links as expected.

You can access the style sheet at: http://www.godster.co.uk/css/DDI.css

Please help, i'm tearing my hair out here and cannot dismiss that a share of my potential visitors would still be using IE7.

Many thanks.

I'm not sure how this happened, but your #content box seems to have a padding-left of 210px in IE7.

This can be seen using the Developer Tools in IE. Once I disabled the padding-left property, the #content box jumped right into position.

Now you just have to find the reason behind IE7's behaviour. Always knew Microsoft hated us web developers :P

Hope this points you in the right direction!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.