Installed Apache 2.2 with little success

aksdesigns

Hey guys,

I've been trawling the internet and trying lots of fixes but I can/t get my apache web server to run!

It installed OK with localhost as server and domain name.

I'm using vista and i tried running "monitor apache servers" as admin but when I click start it still tells me:

"The requested operation has failed!"

When I click "start" as an admin I get this error:

"httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.2 for ServerName
<OS 10048>Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted.   :make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs"

The entry line for ServerName in the httpd.conf file looks like this:

ServerName localhost

and the Listen one looks like this:

Listen 80

I turned off my firewall and that didn't change anything. Tried to make a static IP to be able to forward the port: 80 on my router but failed to create the static IP (internet wouldnt work)

I checked if anything is using port 80 by doing "netstat -a" in command prompt and 0.0.0.0:80 is in a listening state?

I have no clue what to do to get it working =/

Any ideas?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Adam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.