[SOLVED] How many users online in the last 24-hours using time()?

Kryptix

I'm fairly new to PHP. I have a MySQL table called 'users' and a field called 'loggedin' which is in time() format.

I need a query that'll check how many players have logged in within the last 24-hours, but I'm not sure where to start. I already have the database connection setup, and just need the amount to be set to "$online24h"

Can anyone help me please? :D

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(user) FROM '.$db->prefix.'rscd_players WHERE `loggedin` BETWEEN NOW() - '24:00:00' AND NOW()) or error('Unable to fetch total player count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$stats['online24'] = $db->result($result);

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 127

Any idea?

Also, could I have the query for a week and a month too please?

You use single quotes around the strin, so you can't use them IN the string.

$db->query('SELECT COUNT(user) FROM '.$db->prefix.'rscd_players WHERE `loggedin` BETWEEN NOW() - "24:00:00" AND NOW())

for a week it would look like this

SELECT
COUNT(*)
FROM players
WHERE loggedin BETWEEN DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL 7 DAY) AND NOW()

you should be able to figure the query for a month by yourself ;)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 127

$result = $db->query('SELECT user, username FROM '.$db->prefix.'rscd_players ORDER BY creation_date DESC LIMIT 1') or error('Unable to fetch newest registered player', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$stats['last_player'] = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

Thanks. No errors now. However, it's showing ALL 5,000+ users as being online in the last 24-hours. Some have their 'login_date' set as '0' so something is wrong.

$db->query('SELECT COUNT(user) FROM '.$db->prefix.'rscd_players WHERE login_date BETWEEN NOW() - "24:00:00" AND NOW()');

'login_date' is a int(10) using PHP's time() function, I believe.

An example is: '1256418479'

Any suggestions? I really need this to work. :'(

So it's in fact unix timestamp... Ok then:

SELECT
COUNT(*)
FROM players
WHERE FROM_UNIXTIME(loggedin) BETWEEN DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 DAY) AND NOW()

I changed that. It's still displaying them all. :(

It's entered into 'login_date' which is a int(10). It updates 'login_date' with time() when they manage to login.

The exact code I have is:

$db->query('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM_UNIXTIME(login_date) BETWEEN DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL -1 DAY) AND NOW()');

<dd><?php echo 'Game Characters Online Today: <strong>'. number_format($stats['online24']) ?></strong></dd>

:shrug:

Doh!

We've lost WHERE somewhere along the line :P Thias query should not work at all, so make sure you're actually uploading your changes to the server ;)

This should do better

$db->query('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM '.$db->prefix.'rscd_players WHERE FROM_UNIXTIME(login_date) BETWEEN DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL -1 DAY) AND NOW()');

Oops! I forgot to declare $result. :'(

Here's the code now:

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM_UNIXTIME(login_date) BETWEEN DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL -1 DAY) AND NOW()');

This returns '0' (after being number_format()'d).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.