Suggest my direction for Web + database

MesaFloyd

I am about to undertake a web project - I am not a true programmer but I have some ability.  I know exactly what I want.  I will eventually look for a programer but at this point I am in the definition stage. (Designing the forms and reports and defining the db fields and sorting functions I will need.)

In one regard, the closest way to explain is that it is similar to Craigslist. The useres will post their information.  There will be much more function however. The webmanagers will screen it and allow or deny.  The database will track details.  The db will have several forms and several reports.  Their will be fields, buttons and radio buttons...

My qustion is fundamenta at this time.  I know this is a PHP forum and I'm sure your suggestion will be pure PHP, but is it possible (or practical) to use HTML(Please don't laugh)  -or- would Joomla be a better way for me.

IMHO Joomla would allow me to make some adjustments and not annoy the programmer with my anal changes I would think.

What I don't know is if Joomla is flexible enough for building the forms and reports.  At this point, I have augured myself to look at HTML, PHP or Joomla.  The DB would be mysql.

Any suggestions - appreciate your patience.

PHP is used to generate to HTML so you'll use both ;)

Joomla is a CMS (Content Management System) written in PHP (and generating HTML;) )

I don't know Joomla well enough to say if it has enough flexibility to allow what you're planning to do. I hear that Drupal is more flexible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.