should i table or divs for login?

supergrame

my site layout is setup with divs, finaly.

I am trying to create a login area in one of my layout divs, the sidebar. Now since i will be needing to put a few elements in there such as password and login label, A password and login text area and some text that says please login. etc

should i use a table for this as I can see that trying to create or set up a div with css for this would be hard! But if you guys think it should be done inside a div with no table then I will go ahead and play around with it. 8)

Using tables in this case isn't bad. Like what haku said, the nature of a login form is tabular.

While it is possible to do it with DIVs, it is, IMHO, avoiding the use of tables just for the sake of it, and may even complicate a rather simple form. I agree that tables should be avoided in laying out your page, but i think the use of it in forms is very reasonable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.