search.php and index.html issue

h4r00n

Hi,

I have a problem accessing the search.php form from my search page. On my local host, if I create a search in the search form and hit the search button, a new window appears asking whether I want to open or save the search.php file rather than it actually opening up in the browser.

I have also just uploaded it to my host, if you go to http://www.jobjar.co.uk/index.html and hit the search button, you will find that a search.php page opens however there are no results, but in actual fact there should be. Is this related to the issue I also have on my local host with the new window appearing? I have uploaded the files to my cpanel the way it is on my computer.

Kind Regards

To run php files locally on your system you need to have php running via apache (try XAMPP) once you have that installed and running the php files will be phrased correctly and display as they should.

As for not displaying any results.. you may have an error within your code and would need error_reporting to show them.. try running your file with xampp and error_reporting on and see whats shown (if anything)

Stuie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.