config problem

opus15

Hi - have a small problem that's driving me nuts...

I use my pc to develop a php application, all my files however are located on a remote/usb hard drive (I use EasyPHP, apache).

I want to run the application on my laptop, simply by connecting the remote hard drive - but I get this error message Access denied for user 'root@localhost'... and in phpmyadmin the error message is #1045 - Access denied for user...

(I've tried updating the config.inc.php file, and copying the php.ini to c:/windows on the laptop, and php5ts.dll to the windows/system32 directory).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jon

you may be on to something - I'm guessing that the httpd.conf is where I tell apache to look for files. I haven't changed it in any way, but it's on the usb hard drive, so all directives should be the same?

i think were a bit confused here,

you either use the server on your laptop

or you eitheruse the server on your usb drive, to us ethe laptop servers just start them up.

to use the usb servers its more complex.

just go to your laptops apache and find httpd.conf and go to root and another setting with the same as root setting and modify it using the path from explorer window to your usb drive.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.