Cannot Login to Website's Admin

tim_razo

This is my problem:

I've taken over a php real estate website that I need to get up and running on my Intermedia server. I received a sql dump with the website which I imported (with no problems) to the phpMyAdmin database. The only thing I have changed is the globals (ip address username and password) and a couple links on the home page. I can tell the website is reading the database because it has all of the correct posts up on the search page and listings page and there are no errors. - http://64.78.29.151/search

The only thing that I haven't been able to get to work is the website's admin login. It won't allow any of the user to login to update the posts. I think it may have something to do with charset of the database and the encryption of the passwords. I've run into this exact same problem before but at the time I had a php programmer working on the site. The problem is I don't know where to start. Can someone help me with this???

I can provide whatever code you would like to see. Like the login.php, database.php, globals.php, or database screen shots?

Also I forgot to mention that the site is working perfectly on it's current server.

I think that it has more to do with the database charset of the passwords since it's been dumped in UTF-8 Unicode (utf8), Maybe it needs to be in another character set in order to work properly. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before?

I've been scouring the internet and forums for help, so any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance!!

Tim

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.