Problems with PHP 5.3

Hello,

some days ago i've upgraded from PHP version 5.2 to 5.3

in a server using

Windows 2003  Server  with IIS

and Microsft SQL Server

and with PHP compiled with  MS VC 2008 runtime library (msvcr90.dll), without thread-safety option

Nusphere as a Debugger.

Testing the new version of PHP, I've found a lot of strange behaviour, that I really don't understand.

I've worked with PHP from 2001 and I've nevere had problems before changing PHP version .

Some of the problems I've found

1 - @ problems

In one of our script, we used @ to suppress error/warning

$hNode1 = dom_import_simplexml($hParent);
@$hNode1->insertBefore($hNode2, $hRefNode); 

After the change of the PHP version, the script die silently. BUT REMOVING the @ before the line, the script IS working WITHOUT any error (It means... the ->insertBefore()  is successfully executed, but if we put a @ before the call, the script die )

2 - eval not working

In another script we used the eval function. This line worked great in 5.2 version

eval("\$hChild=new CidmlElement$sNome(\$hXmlFiglio);");

But in 5.3 version we need to change in

$sClasse="CidmlElement$sNome";
$hChild=new $sClasse($hXmlFiglio);

Because the instruction with eval was not working.

Another real strang behaviour is that the script IS executed correctly WHEN WE DEBUG IT using Nushpheare Debug, but act differently if we run it without the debug...

We have fixed these two problems, just to find others similar problems in others script that should work, but in reality act in unexpected ways.

These are functionality not changed in the PHP 5.3... i fear the real problem is somewhere else (installation/configuration ??)

Any Suggestion?

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.