PHP 5.3 no apache

I have apache 2.2 installed and running (without flaw AFAIK). I downloaded the VC6-nts msi version of php5.3 and attempted to run the install. I did this same thing about 6 days ago with the exact same setup (file paths, Vista OS, etc...) and it worked flawlessly. This time, when using the installer, I'm not given the option to setup php with apache2.2. It gives me two CGI options and then to not setup PHP with any web server.

Question; why the difference? Does that indicate that Apache is setup incorrectly or is it nothing to worry about? I figured the install would be the same this time around as it was last time. I've actually yet to get PHP installed, though I'm currently downloading the vc6 zip to do it manually.

Thanks

The php .msi installer version is apparently being written by someone who does not have a clue how to correctly design and build an application. Just about every post made when something about it does not work shows what it is doing makes no sense, nor does it tell you any information about what it is going to do, what it did, or what went wrong when it does not work.

You should only use the php .zip package if you want to know that your php installation will be doing what you want it to.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.