[SOLVED] Font color in forms

sciencebear

That works, I just can't quite seem to put it on the right element. I'm trying to apply it to tags like this (all type="text"):

<form><input name="status" type="text" id="status" value="What are you up to?"/></form>

I tried this:

input#text{
color:#000;
}

input#text:focus{
color:#f00;
}

If I apply it to just input, it does it to all my form elements, including submit buttons. This method I though would work, but does not apply to anything.

The code you are showing there is attempting to style a tag with the ID of 'text'. In CSS2, you cannot target input elements by type (it's part of the CSS3 spec). So for now, you will have to apply a class to each of your text inputs, and use that to target the inputs in question.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.