Forum without a Database

kalm1234

I am attempting to create a user-friendly (as user-friendly as working with source files can be) forum that does not require a database, but still retaining much of the security of a normal forum using a database.  The majority of this forum will be driven by automatic scripts, of which the user will have options to customize it to his/her needs through a user-friendly options page or via editing the source (WARNING, my source is NOT clean).

Project Status:  Early Stages

Just getting done with creating the directories for subforums and reading threads and forums onto the page.  Not worried too much with the physical details right now as I am making sure the scripts work correctly, trying to tie up any loose ends that could cause the scripts to create errors.

Individual Features Status

Viewing Subforums and Threads:  Working but Unfinished

Creating Subforums and Threads:  Currently Unavailable

Login Process/Creating Accounts:  Currently Unavailable

User Status:  Currently Unavailable

Other features will be added as I think of them or as people suggest them =)

Forum Showcase:  www.coltsdomain.com/forum

Any tips or advice is appreciated as this is my first actual project release since I have started learning PHP. 

I can see how that would be annoying. There are some websites out there that offer colors/palettes that look nice. Granted it might be harder for you to determine was is 'nice', but at least they can help you get some decent colors that go together. One such website is http://www.colourlovers.com/

Nah, that's fine.  That won't matter in this project.  The user can change the layout pretty easily because i'm using the require() function and putting most layout setings in seperate files from the php files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.