Latest Post duplicate help

bgbs

well, to think for a second that you're going to grasp a new language ('cause that's what it is), in 10 minutes is ludicrous.  try and learn Egyptian overnight.  or Hebrew.  or PHP for that matter.

if you learn to run before you learn to walk, it will - and you can quote me on this - come back to bite you in the ass.  i could throw so many analogies out here right now on how the same principals apply to other aspects of learning and achieving in life, but there's not enough time in the day.

tutorials offer the basics up front, because without the proper fundamentals, you won't be able to accomplish the simplest of tasks, and you won't understand how things work in a larger scale, with your thread here today being case in point.

without that "useless" print 'hello world!'; example, how would you know how to print/echo anything to the browser?  they aren't going to start you off with some database-driven, multi-dimensional array example in fear that people would not pick it up at all.

anyways, do what you wish, but your ignorance here is misplaced.

I understand your point, I'm merely saying that to understand php you have to understand the big picture.  Learning programming language isnt the same as learning a real language (I'm fluent in three of them). Programming comprehension is like math comprehension, if you didn't get the logic, even though you know the formula memorized, you are duped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.